Basic Management Philosophy
In accordance with the company policy of “Keiten Aijin” ["Respect the Divine and Love People"], KYOCERA Crystal Device has made it a management ideal to “provide opportunities for the material and intellectual happiness of all our employees, and through our joint efforts, contribute to the advancement of society and humankind,” and over the years, has approached its work in a spirit of harmony with the “Universal Will” that seeks to protect all living things. This anticipates the philosophy required of companies addressing environmental issues today, and indicates that corporate activities must preserve human dignity and promote the ongoing development of society. Basing itself on these ideals, the Company intends to strengthen its purpose and to take a comprehensive approach to environmental protection, conserving natural resources and energy, developing environmentally friendly products and other environmental measures, pursuing continual improvement of its activities with the goal of contributing to environmental protection in a still more positive and continuous manner.
Environmental Management Policies
KYOCERA Crystal Device researches, develops and manufactures a wide range of quartz crystal products and quartz crystal applications, including quartz crystal units and quartz oscillators, optical quartz crystal products and SAW products — providing the market with a wide range of environmentally friendly products.
With the goal of promoting protection of the natural environment still further, the Company has adopted the following environmental policy and is pursuing environmental management activities.
- To reduce the destruction of the natural environment and the impact on ecosystems, the Company will comply with the requirements of international treaties, national laws, regulations, local ordinances, etc. where its places of business are situated, and establish self-management standards and take steps to prevent environmental pollution.
- The Company will evaluate the impact of its business activities on the environment, and, in addition to setting and reviewing environmental objectives and environmental targets, within technically and economically feasible limits, will build, implement and continuously improve environmental management systems.
- The Company will manage its environmental equipment and control substances that impart an environmental load and will strive to reduce their impact on the environment.
- The Company will pursue energy-saving activities, including improvement of the efficiency of electricity and fossil fuel consumption, the use of high-efficiency equipment and waste heat recycling, and pursue global warming countermeasures.
- The Company will strive to procure production-related materials, etc. with outstanding resource-saving performance and recyclability, and in addition to maximizing efficiency in the use of natural resources and establishing recycling systems for water and waste, will actively pursue leanness and efficiency.
- The Company will pursue the research and development of “environmental protection contribution products” that make a positive contribution to the improvement of the global environment and “reduced environmental load products” whose environmental load has been reduced to a minimum at each stage of the product lifecycle (manufacture, sale, distribution, use and disposal).
- The Company will strive to create a green, rich and pleasant environment, and will participate in and collaborate with social contribution activities. The Company will strive to ensure that all employees and employees of other companies working on the Company’s premises are informed of this environmental policy and will also disclose this policy to the public.
Environmental Management System
We have built an organization which takes clear responsibility to promote environmental activities based on the “Kyocera Environmental Charter” and works on environmental preservation activities.
In the operation of the Kyocera Group Integrated System, the PDCA cycles operated by KYOCERA Crystal Device offices and other Kyocera Group companies are linked in an organic manner so as to create a still more efficient and effective PDCA cycle for the Group as a whole.
ISO 14001 Certification
As part of its environmental protection program, KYOCERA Crystal Device was quick to obtain certification under ISO 14001, the international standard for environmental management.
Starting with the Okaya Plant in July 1997, the Company has obtained certification for its production bases in Japan and overseas, and in October 2004 obtained certification for all of its domestic bases on the strength of the “Kyocera Group Integrated Environmental Management System.”
Environmental Compliance of Products
KYOCERA Crystal Device is pursuing the research and development of “environmental protection contribution products” that make a positive contribution to the improvement of the global environment and “reduced environmental load products” whose environmental load has been reduced to a minimum at each stage of the product lifecycle (manufacture, sale, distribution, use and disposal).
Presently, all over the world chemical substances are polluting the environment, and there is widespread concern over their effects on human health. KYOCERA Crystal Device regards improving control of chemical substances at its production plants and eliminating harmful substances from its products as an important part of its social responsibility as a manufacturer.